CALL TO CONFERENCE
Greetings, PTA Leaders & Members,
Mark your calendars, Georgia PTA CLT (convention and leadership training) this year June 8-10, will be in person, and we can't wait to see you! The convention will be held in the city of Duluth at the Gas South Convention Center with Pre-Convention activities on the 8th, and General sessions, elections and training conducted on Friday and Saturday, June 9th & 10th. Watch for more information and registration links coming very soon!
This is an election year. Just like you, we have a nominating committee for state officers. Here is the 2023-2025 slate presented by our nominating committee:
President, Georgia PTA
Information on Running from the Floor for GAPTA State Executive Office
114 Baker Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30308
Section 4. The following provisions shall govern the qualifications and eligibility of individuals to be officers of the Georgia PTA:
Each officer shall be a member of a local PTA/PTSA chartered by the Georgia PTA.
- No person is eligible for office who at the time of election, has not served, within the previous five (5) years, at least one full term, as a member of the Georgia PTA Board of Directors; a member of a Georgia PTA Standing Committee; or a member of the National PTA Board of Directors; or a member of a National PTA committee elected or otherwise;
- Candidates for the office of treasurer must have evidenced experience in financial matters, preferably with volunteer service not limited to the council, district, state, or national level.
- Candidates for the office of treasurer, with professional accounting experience would be exempt of eligibility requirements in Article VIII, Sect. 4, para. b. of these bylaws.
- No officer may be eligible to serve more than one (1) full term in the same office.
- A person who has served in an office for more than one-half (1/2) of a term shall be deemed to have served a full term in such office.
- No person shall hold more than one (1) state PTA position simultaneously; and
- Be a natural person who is 18 years of age or older. Georgia Code for Non-Profits § 14-3-802